LIBRARY - INTRODUCTION
Educational institutions are the temples of learning and the library is a place where God’s magnificence is laid openly for the knowledge seekers.
Our library is a vast reservoir of knowledge. Our College has a fine endowed library with 10209 volumes of books, Indian and foreign journals and E-books. It covers an area of 8960.52 sq.ft. with digital library facilities. It provides lending facilities and offers references through the Public Access Catalogue System. Library Management Software is used to maintain the Journal Section which includes current periodicals, research Journals and so on. It is fully computerized with bar - coding facility. The books are classified by Dewey Decimal Classification. The OPAC system enables the students to check the availability, status of books and the exact locations. The bar coded ID cards help to systematize the day to day transactions. Students also make use of the online National Digital Library during their library hours
|Journals & Magazines||47|
|CD & DVDs||250|
|E-Resources||INFLIBNET AND DELNET|
- Career Guidance
- Fine Arts
- Health Education
- Yoga & Meditation
- Value Education
- Directories & Yearbooks
- General Knowledge
- Question Banks
- Online Database (E-Journals)
- Computerized library services
- OPAC Online Public Access Catalogue
- Orientation Programme for the students
- Book Exhibitions
- Reference Services
- Display of new arrivals
- Book Bank Scheme
- Career Guidance
- Best User Award instituted for the students
- Extensive online resources
- All students of the college should hold the membership of the library.
- Strict silence should be maintained in the library.
- The library will function from 9.00 a.m to 5.00 p.m on all working days.
- The library will remain closed on Sundays and during the summer vacation.
- The students are advised to keep their bar-coded identity card (ID) safely and not to lend their card to any other student. While entering the library, student should show their ID card for taking books.
- Books will be issued to the students only on presenting their Identity Card.
- Reference books to be used only in the library and will not be issued at any cost.
- Books taken from the library should be covered and maintained carefully. No marking or damage should be done in the book by the student.
- At the end of each semester both the staff and students are expected to return all the books to the library.
- Books and magazines approved by the Principal alone will be permitted to be used in the college campus.
- During free hours students can make use of the college library.
NAME : N.JAYABARTHI., BSc., MLIS., M.Phil., MA., PGDCA.,
|Membership||Membership in Salis|