ASSOCIATIONS AND CLUBS
- English Literary and Debating Association
- Tamil Association
- Mathematics Association
- Science Associations
- Commerce Association
- Management Association
Education plays a vital role in the logical and consistent development of students. In order to ensure an all-rounded development in students, activities to enhance their extramural traits prove fruitful. Towards achieving this goal, the NSS Unit of the College involves the students in reaching out to the underprivileged and the needy in the society by sensitizing them about their social responsibility. The Unit helps in developing their personality, patriotic fervor and discipline in the cadets.
The NSS volunteers have been active throughout the year engaging in various social welfare activities like
- Eye camp.
- Awareness Programmes on Cashless Economy, Dengue Fever and Child Labour.
- Tree Plantation Programme.
- Special camps.
YRC and RRC
The Youth Red Cross and Red Ribbon Clubs are social service organizations through which the volunteers aim to instigate the spirit of social responsibility in the public. Analogous programmes are organized by them to bring an awareness about prevalent social issues among the public.
- To highlight the importance of maintaining sound health.
- To gain insight into and fulfill public responsibilities.
- To augment a passionate spirit of service.
- To foster healthy relationships.
- Voluntary Service
Prayer services, Eucharistic services and talks are organized twice a month. The daily prayer sets an optimistic atmosphere to begin the day with spiritual guidance. Various lessons are imparted on the topics such as Prayer, Peace, Purity, Self confidence and the like. Every Friday "Way of the Cross", is conducted in our college chapel during the lent season. Regular activities include,
- Holy Mass at the beginning of every academic and calendar year and on First Fridays
- Catechism classes for all Catholic students on Fridays
- Moral Instruction classes for all the other students on Fridays
- Counselling Sessions
Sports and Games at St. Joseph's College provide regular and special coaching to our sports students with special emphasis on stamina, endurance and perseverance. The glorious list of achievements of the sports students stand testimony to their spirit of sportsmanship and excellence.
Women's Cell has been designed to act as a channel for endorsing and reinforcing Women empowerment through extensive teaching and research in both the Faculty and students. It functions to redress the grievances of women by introducing them to good education, creating responsiveness, providing stimulus and encouraging their development in various fields. The Cell organizes lectures, contests, awareness programmes on issues like health, law, economic development and building self- confidence. It also provides high standard of learning and promotes respect and equality for women in the society.
The AICUF (All India Catholic University Federation) is a movement of university students with a vision for a new and just Society. Progressing through a history of constant rediscovery and re-creation, the AICUF has always endeavored to cater to the emerging needs of the University, the Church and the society at large. Social outreach is the basis for all AICUF activities which include social awareness, social service and social activism.
- Awareness Programmes on Health and Medical Issues
- Free Medical Check-up for all the new entrants.
- Blood Grouping and Sampling.
- Awareness Programmes on Acupuncture and its benefits.